Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Welcome to 2020! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2020 using this free spreadsheet.
Vonda N. McIntyre's writing SF and Fantasy advice
A high level summary is:
McIntyre’s First Law: Under the right circumstances, anything I tell you could be wrong.
- Pitfall #1: The Expository Lump --> Infodump
- Pitfall #2: It’s Almost Writing --> Weasel words
- Pitfall #3: Subjunctive Tension --> Inappropriate metaphor / Thog's Master Class
- Pitfall #4: Rampant Capitals --> Good question. What does this map to?
- Pitfall #5: Species v. Specie --> Spelling
- Pitfall #6: McIntyre’s Laws of Titles --> Titles
- Pitfall #7: Neologisms --> Neologism / Call a rabbit a smeerp
- Pitfall #8: It Looks Like Seem or Appear!
- Pitfall #9: Department of Redundancy Department
- Pitfall #10: An Activity Almost Like Writing
- Pitfall #11: Literal v. Figurative
- Pitfall #12: "I Am an Amateur"
- Pitfall #13: "Size Matters!"
- Advice (category)
- Critique (category)
- Empty CatsRest (category)
- Exposition (category)
- Fantasy (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has Layout Base (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Infodump (category)
- Link (category)
- List (category)
- Neologism (category)
- Science Fiction (category)
- Tension (narrative) (category)
- Title (category)
- Worldbuilding (category)
- Writing (category)
- Writing Advice (category)