Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Welcome to 2021! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2021 using this free spreadsheet.
(And if you're an author with a wiki, add a comment here.) If so, I'd like to hear about it. Add a comment here
ParaV:Parallel Visions Glossary
- The question of whether Vance was dead or not became more than academic when he found himself in a bathtub up to his chin in ice water like some forgotten cocktail garnish, a demonic woman standing over him, and no memory of how he got there. But that question was one among legion, because what memories he did have were as comforting as a blackjack in the dark. So it wasn’t surprising when he found out that trouble was his business, and business was kicking his door down.
- A&D City is short for the City of Angels, City of Demons realm. It's an urban fantasy version of 1940s Los Angeles.
- Adaptive Mimetic Boosted Reality, or AMBR ("amber"), is an augmented reality (as versus virtual reality) that is at the heart of what Earth has become in the Parallel Visions future. It is subdivided into more than a million "realms", each a sort of theme park. The first story in the Parallel Visions series, City of Angels City of Demons is set in the realm that is a magical version of 1940s Los Angeles.
- An Autonomous Design Element, or ADE, is a component of Realm's implementation capable of independent action in order to portray its intended role or perform its intended action within a storytelling context.
- An android is a humanoid or animal-oid robot.
- Architects are the main conceptualizers of the various realms in the future Earth of Parallel Visions. They oversee the construction and renovation of realms and the development of new features within AMBR. A group of the most powerful and influential Architects have formed the Council of Architects to regulate and manage all Architect activities.
- See Audrey Doolittle.
- City of Angels, City of Demons, or A&D City, is an urban fantasy version of 1940s Los Angeles realm. It was designed by the Architect Vance Coreman and includes some restrictions on allowed vocabulary. A number of realms are directly accessible from A&D City, including the Pleistocene Plateau and the Olympian Realm.
- Vance Coreman is the main character of the Parallel Vision series starting with the novel Parallel Visions: City of Angels, City of Demons.
- A realm in AMBR is setting which may or may not be physically contiguous, unified by a consistent set of rules.
- Smart matter, or smatter, is composed of a computer controlled metamaterial capable of transforming its material characteristics to simulate nearly any kind of natural material, and quite a few kinds of "unnatural" materials. Combined the augmented reality overlay to supply visual characteristics, such as color, it is used extensively by AMBR to create infinitely recyclable material objects in the Realms.
- Technology in the Parallel Visions context is the technology used to support the protagonist customers experience, not the technologies (or magic) that appear to operate in each realm.
Include: ParaVDef (category)
- A&D City
- Adaptive Mimetic Boosted Reality
- Artificial intelligence
- Augmented reality
- Autonomous Design Element
- Nick Bjarter
- City of Angels, City of Demons (realm)
- Vance Coreman
- Council of Architects
- Audrey Doolittle
- Amilea Grimnir
- Maximilian Grimnir
- Mobile Effects Platform
- Non-Protagonist Customer
- Olympian Realm
- Pleistocene Realm
- Protagonist Customer
- Smart matter
- Transport module
- Zara the Lightbringer
Exclude: Links (category)
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in List (category):
Recent Topics with Comments
- Glossary (category)
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has FirstFloatRight (category)
- Has Image (category)
- Has Infobox (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has LayoutList (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has References (category)
- Has Spoiler (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- List (category)
- PVCACD (category)
- ParaV (category)
- ParaV Glossary (category)
- Parallel Visions (category)