Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Parallel Visions Glossary
- A&D City is short for the City of Angels, City of Demons realm. It's an urban fantasy version of 1940s Los Angeles.
- Adaptive Mimetic Boosted Reality, or AMBR ("amber"), is an augmented reality (as versus virtual reality) that is at the heart of what Earth has become in the Parallel Visions future. It is subdivided into more than a million "realms", each a sort of theme park. The first story in the Parallel Visions series, City of Angels City of Demons is set in the realm that is a magical version of 1940s Los Angeles.
- An Autonomous Design Element, or ADE, is a component of Realm's implementation capable of independent action in order to portray its intended role or perform its intended action within a storytelling context.
- An android is a humanoid or animal-oid robot.
- Architects are the main conceptualizers of the various realms in the future Earth of Parallel Visions. They oversee the construction and renovation of realms and the development of new features within AMBR. A group of the most powerful and influential Architects have formed the Council of Architects to regulate and manage all Architect activities.
- See Audrey Doolittle.
- City of Angels, City of Demons, or A&D City, is an urban fantasy version of 1940s Los Angeles realm. It was designed by the Architect Vance Coreman and includes some restrictions on allowed vocabulary. A number of realms are directly accessible from A&D City, including the Pleistocene Plateau and the Olympian Realm.
- Vance Coreman is the main character of the Parallel Vision series starting with the novel Parallel Visions: City of Angels, City of Demons.
- A realm in AMBR is setting which may or may not be physically contiguous, unified by a consistent set of rules.
- Smart matter, or smatter, is composed of a computer controlled metamaterial capable of transforming its material characteristics to simulate nearly any kind of natural material, and quite a few kinds of "unnatural" materials. Combined the augmented reality overlay to supply visual characteristics, such as color, it is used extensively by AMBR to create infinitely recyclable material objects in the Realms.
Exclude: Links (category)
No pages meet these criteria.
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in List (category):
- List of the Shadow stories
- A51 (Library Box)
- Fritz investigate
- Fritz's recent reading list 2020 May to August
- Fritz's recent reading list
- Fritz's to read stack
- Reading recommendation links
- List of science fiction themes
- Fritz's SF subgenre reading recommendations
- Fritz's recent reading list 2018 January to April
- Fritz's recent reading list 2019 May to August
Recent Topics with Comments
- Glossary (category)
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has FirstFloatRight (category)
- Has Image (category)
- Has Infobox (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has LayoutList (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has References (category)
- Has Spoiler (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- List (category)
- Needs Definition (category)
- PVSG (category)
- ParaV (category)
- ParaV Glossary (category)
- Parallel Visions (category)