Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Welcome to 2021! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2021 using this free spreadsheet.
(And if you're an author with a wiki, add a comment here.) If so, I'd like to hear about it. Add a comment here
"Heinlein juveniles" are the novels written by Robert A. Heinlein aimed for what would now be known as the "young adult" market. The core group are the 12 Heinlein novels published by Scribner's between 1947 and 1958. A 13th, Starship Troopers, was submitted to Scribner's but rejected and instead published by Putnam. A 14th novel, Podkayne of Mars, is often listed as a "Heinlein juvenile", although Heinlein himself did not consider it to be one.
The intended readership was teenage boys, but the books have been enjoyed by a wide range of readers. Heinlein had great respect for the children who read the books and was eager to present challenging material to them, such as the firearms for teenagers in Red Planet. This led to "annual quarrels over what was suitable for juvenile reading" with Scribner's editors. In addition to the novels, Heinlein wrote two short stories about Scouting for boys and three short stories with Puddin', a teenage female protagonist, for girls.
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in List (category):
- Fritz's recent reading list 2021 January to April
- Fritz's fiction title
- List of Fritz's fiction titles
- List of non-Chronicles from the Nexus stories
- List of stand alone stories
- List of Fritz's fiction statuses
- List of DocM stories
- List of Fritz's fiction descriptions
- List of NGW stories
- List of CftN stories
- ToT recent changes
Recent Topics with Comments
- Alexei Panshin, Heinlein in Dimension
- March 10, 1962, Grumbles from the Grave, p. 86.
- Virginia Heinlein, Grumbles from the Grave, p. 83.
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has Image (category)
- Has Infobox (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has LayoutList (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has References (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- List (category)
- Robert A. Heinlein (category)
- Science Fiction (category)
- YA (category)
- Young Adult (category)