Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Welcome to 2020! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2020 using this free spreadsheet.
- A shortening of a word or phrase by using the first portion of the word or words.
- A shortening of a multiword phrase to just the initial letters of the words of the phrase.
- A large vehicle capable of flight.
- A genetic duplicate. Not to be confused with a mental clone.
- The characteristic of a mind that is aware of itself. The awareness of awareness.
- The manipulation or reprogramming of organisms via their genes.
- Anything that capable of passing the Turing test in a non-trivial manner. Note that this is not a biological or genetic definition.
- Ionized gas.
- Science fiction is a fiction genre that uses significant speculative trappings that basically conforms to and/or does not violate known science at the time of its writing. Also known as SF and Sci-Fi.(Source: Fritz Freiheit)
- (From Wikipedia) Science fiction is defined more by setting than by other story elements. With a few exceptions, stories set out of Earth or in the future qualify as science fiction. Within these settings, the conventions of almost any other genre may be used. A sub-genre of science fiction is alternate history where, for some specific reason, the history of the novel deviates from the history of our world. Pavane (1968) by Keith Roberts was an influential early alternate history, Harry Turtledove's The Guns of the South is another popular example. Of late, alternate history has come into its own as a distinctive and independent outgrowth from general science fiction. (Source: genre fiction at Wikipedia )
- See Category:Definition
- SF Glossary
- List of glossaries, dictionaries, lexicons and other collections of words