Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
|Alternatively: Setting (category), CftN Setting (category), DMW Setting (category), NGW Setting (category)|
- The general locale, historical time, and social circumstances in which the action of a fictional or dramatic work occurs; the setting of an episode or scene within a work is the particular physical location in which it takes place. For example, the general setting of Joyce's "The Dead," is a quay named Usher's Island, west of central Dublin in the early 1900s, and the initial setting is the second floor apartment of the Misses Morkan. Setting can be a central or peripheral factor in the meaning of a work. The setting is usually established through description--but sometimes narration or dialogue also reveals the location and time. (Source: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/lit_terms_S.html )
- In fiction, the setting of a story is the time, location and circumstances in which it takes place. Broadly speaking, the setting provides the main backdrop for the story. Sometimes setting is referred to as milieu, to include a context (such as society) beyond the immediate surroundings of the story. In some cases, setting becomes a character itself and can set the tone of a story. -- (Source: Setting (literature) at Wikipedia )
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in Setting (category):
Recent Topics with Comments
- Definition (category)
- Definition Cluster (category)
- Definition Concept Cluster (category)
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has LayoutCat (category)
- Has LayoutTDef (category)
- Has NavAlt (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- Is Category (category)
- Literary Element (category)
- Narratology (category)
- Story Element (category)
- Writing (category)
- Writing Definition (category)
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
Pages in category "Setting"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.