|The Red Rook, sequel to Dispensing Justice and the second novel of Nova Genesis World is now available for Kindle or as a paperback at Amazon.
In The Red Rook, Penny confronts her doubts about becoming a superhero as events around the disappearance of one her school mates unfolds.
2015 Writing log free download
|2014-2015 Writing log - Projects page|
Update: 2016 Writing log free download available here.
Welcome to 2015, and for those of you who are writers, may your words be bountiful. For those so inclined, I've put together a spreadsheet to track your writing productivity on a day by day basis.
Happy New Year! Now go get some writing done.
The most recent master writing log is 2017 Writing log spreadsheet
You will need a copy of LibreOffice to use this spreadsheet.
I've been using spreadsheets since 2005 to track my daily word output, which can be considered a form of don't break the chain. The tracking of output on a daily basis is, I believe, to be the reason I finished my first novel.
See master writing log for more detailed information and examples.
The project page summarizes your writing project status. It is broken up into five sections, four for projects in barf (that is, 1st draft) up to publication, incubator, published, and trunked.
You can change the labels you apply to the status of a project.
2015 Daily Log
Track daily word deltas for 2015.
Add one row per day per project. It will automatically be summed in the weekly and monthly delta pages.
2015 Weekly Delta
Weekly summaries for 2015.
2015 Monthly Delta
Monthly summaries for 2015.
2014 Daily Log
Example daily word deltas for 2014.
2014 Weekly Delta
Example weekly summaries for 2014.
2014 Monthly Delta
Example monthly summaries from 2014.
Links and Notes
A few links.
last_one2 VB Function
This spreadsheet includes a VB function for finding a project's most recent day in a given year. Ultimately, this populates the "Last Entry" column on the Projects page.
Function last_one2(searchList,target,resultList) REM =last_one2(A1:A14;"target";B1:B14) dim i as integer rem last_one2 = 0 for i = lbound(searchList,1) to ubound(searchList,1) if searchList(i,1) = target then last_one2 = resultList(i,1) next End function
If the "Last Entry" column is not being populated, turn on macros.
If the "Last Entry" column is still not being populated, then this function can be installed as follows:
- Tools → Macros → Organize Macros → LibreOffice Basic...
- In the Basic editor:
- Expand this spreadsheet
- Click on Standard
- Add Module
- Paste the contents of the pre-format box above at the end.
- Save and close Basic editor.
Recent Related Changes
Recent Topics with Comments
Recent Blog Topics
- Reading recommendations
- Retro-Future Automobile
- The Guild - Game On – A Bollywood Themed Gamer’s Anthem
- Helen Mirren as the Doctor
- Back when the future was shiny
- On being Thor for Halloween
- Smokin' Aces (2006)
- Archer -- Danger Zone
- TV Tropes
- The Venture Brothers (TV series)
- Janelle Monáe - Q.U.E.E.N. feat. Erykah Badu (Official Video)
Back to the Blog
- 2017 Writing log spreadsheet
- 2016 Writing log spreadsheet
- 2015 Writing log spreadsheet
- Authoring Novels with LibreOffice
- Authoring novels with LibreOffice external links
- Authoring Novels with LibreOffice FAQ
- Example project: A Princess of Mars
- Example project: The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Managing multiple writing projects
- Master writing log
- Project Based Writing
- Styling your novel for ebook publication
- ANwL subsections and related topics
- ANwL recent changes
- ANwL (category)
- 2015 (category)
- 2015 Blog (category)
- ANwL (category)
- Fritz Blogs (category)
- Fritz Blogs in 2015 (category)
- Getting Writing Done (category)
- Has Backlinks (category)
- Has Backlinks Section (category)
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has FirstImage (category)
- Has Image (category)
- Has Infobox (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has Layout Base (category)
- Has Nav (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- LibreOffice (category)
- Log (category)
- OpenOffice (category)
- Spreadsheet (category)
- Word Smithy (category)
- Writing (category)
- Writing Tool (category)